How far should the coffee table be from the couch, anyway? When it comes to interior design, there are a few hard and fast rules: don’t mix styles, keep everything proportionate, and know the rule of thirds.
But what about when it comes to the placement of the furniture in a room? How do you determine where your coffee table should go in relation to your couch? And how do you make sure that everything looks balanced? Read on for some tips on furniture placement.
Distance Between Sofa and Coffee Table
The coffee table should be about 14-18 inches away from the couch so that people can comfortably sit and reach for drinks or snacks. If the coffee table is too close to the couch, it will be difficult to get up and down, and if it’s too far away, it will become an inconvenient obstacle.
Coffee Table Placement Ideas
Here are a few ideas for placing your coffee table in relation to your couch:
- If you have a sectional sofa, the coffee table can go in the middle.
- If you have a two-seater sofa, the coffee table can go closer to one end.
- A large couch should be paired with a large coffee table, and a small couch should be paired with a small coffee table.
- If you have a lot of floor space, the coffee table can be placed in the middle of the room.
- If you have a lot of furniture ornaments, the coffee table can be placed in front of the sofa to create a focal point.
Distance Between Coffee Table and TV
When it comes to the placement of your coffee table, it’s important to think about the TV. You don’t want the coffee table to block the view or create an awkward viewing angle. The ideal distance between the coffee table and TV should be at least 24-30 inches.
How to Style Your Coffee Table for Different Occasions
Now that you know where to place your coffee table, it’s time to style it for different occasions. Here are a few ideas:
- For a casual get-together, put out a few snacks and drinks on the coffee table.
- For a formal dinner party, set the table with plates, glasses, and silverware.
- For a movie night, set up a tray with popcorn, candy, and drinks.
- For a game night, put out a few board games and snacks.
How Far Should Coffee Table Be From Couch FAQ
How far should a side table be from a couch?
The side table should be within arm’s reach from the couch.
How much space should be between table and furniture?
There should be 18-24 inches of space between the coffee table and other furniture.
Is it better to have a large or small coffee table?
A large coffee table is ideal for a large couch, while a small coffee table is ideal for a small couch.
Does coffee table have to be centered?
No, the coffee table can be placed off-center if desired.
What would look nice on a coffee table?
Some people like to put out a few decorative items on their coffee table, such as flowers, candles, ornaments, or books. Others prefer to leave it bare. It’s up to you what you want to put on your coffee table.
Closing on How Far Should Coffee Table Be From Couch
No matter what the size of your couch, it’s important to place the coffee table at the right distance so that people can comfortably sit and reach for drinks or snacks. By following these tips, you can create a balanced and stylish room. Thanks for reading!