What is acacia wood furniture, anyway?
If you’re in the market for some new furniture, you may be wondering if acacia wood furniture is a good option. Whether you’re looking for acacia wood console tables, coffee tables, dining tables, or something totally unique, acacia is an excellent option worth considering.
This exotic hardwood has a unique grain pattern and is known for being both durable and beautiful. So, is acacia wood furniture worth the investment?
Here’s what you need to know.
Acacia Wood Furniture Pros and Cons
As with all materials, both acacia wood furniture pros and cons exist. Here are some things to consider when choosing acacia wood furniture:
Acacia Wood Pros
- Durability. Acacia is a robust hardwood, which makes it very durable; it’s resistant to most insects and doesn’t warp or crack easily. It can last for decades with the proper care and maintenance.
- Appearance. The unique grain pattern of this hardwood makes it very attractive; you’re likely to find a color that perfectly matches your home décor.
- Sustainability. Acacia trees are responsibly harvested because they don’t have to be cut down during logging operations. They can grow very quickly, so harvesting the acacias is not at all detrimental to the environment.
Acacia Wood Cons
- Price. Acacia is often imported, so it can be quite expensive. You’ll often find that acacia wood furniture costs hundreds or even thousands of dollars, depending on the size and quality.
- Heat sensitivity. Some acacia wood is heat sensitive, which means it can crack or warp if you place it near heat sources or direct sunlight for an extended time.
- Maintenance. Acacia requires a fair amount of maintenance in order to keep it looking beautiful. You’ll want to be sure to use the proper cleaning supplies and consider applying oil on your acacia wood furniture at least once a year.
Despite some of its drawbacks, many people choose acacia wood furniture because it is attractive, durable, sustainable, and versatile. It’s perfect for modern or traditional styles and is great for both indoor and outdoor applications.
What is Acacia Wood Furniture FAQ
Is acacia wood real wood?
Acacia wood is a genuine hardwood that comes from the Acacia trees and shrubs, which are found in Asia, Australia, the Pacific Islands, Africa, and the Americas. It can be used to make long-lasting furniture and items.
Is acacia timber good for furniture?
Acacia wood is excellent for furniture because it grows so quickly. Acacia is also insect-resistant, making it an ideal choice for long-lasting construction materials.
Is acacia wood good for sofa?
Acacia wood furniture is a versatile and aesthetically appealing option for both indoor and outdoor use. You can choose from a wide range of colors and styles, including acacia wood sofa frames.
Why is acacia wood so expensive?
Because acacia is often imported, it can be very expensive. It’s a great choice for durable and long-lasting furniture. But you’ll need to decide if it’s worth the price. The way it enhances any space with ease is usually enough to convince!
Does acacia wood turn gray?
Acacia, like most hardwoods, turns gray when exposed to direct sunshine without the use of an ultra-violet-dispersing finish. However, it can be easily treated with oil in order to prevent this discoloration and preserve the exotic wood grain.
Closing on What is Acacia Wood Furniture
What is acacia wood furniture? Some of the best, most high-quality home and commercial furnishings around.
Whether you have a luxury home or an elegant restaurant you need to furnish, acacia wood furniture makes a statement. The level of quality exhibited paried with the exotic wood grain aesthetic allows these furnishings to truly shine in any space.
When you’re searching for the right wood furniture to match your needs, be sure to consider acacia. Not only is it beautiful and long-lasting, but it’s also environmentally friendly and sustainable.
Acacia wood furniture is a great option for people who want to make an investment while still acquiring furnishings with long-lasting durability. You can find unique acacia wood chairs, tables, and other pieces that enhance your home décor, too.
Contact us at Tier 1 Furnishings to learn more about acacia wood furniture. We are available to answer any questions you may have!